In the spirit of tossing aside all things related to 2020, it is time to switch up your interior design. You may immediately think about bedding and the table centerpiece but instead, glance at the windows. The window treatments trends of 2021 have arrived to serve both privacy and decorative functions. From curtain folds to fabric choices, window treatments are becoming even more exciting. Here are some trends for 2021:What
Curtain Options for each Room
Curtains are absolutely necessary for any bedroom. Whether you prefer minimal light or an abundance of natural light, this year’s trends allow you both style and functionality.
- Shades of mustard, beige, and sea blue are deemed trendy for your windows this year.
- Curtains without patterns are perfect for creating a calm atmosphere in your bedroom.
- Dense, light-proof fabrics are ideal for blackout curtains.
- Veil and tulle fabrics are your best options for airy, translucent curtains.
The room that shows off your inner interior designer best is the living room. Go wild with your creativity but remember that textiles are essential. Contemporary drapes effectively balance curtain function and fashion; here are some tips for your living room treatments.
- Veil fabric curtains allow more natural light to shine through without making your space too bright.
- Curtains trimmed with tassels or pom-poms add a nice boho vibe to the room.
- Dense curtains with straight folds can be chosen in colors that either contrast the living room wall or shades that are a few tones darker than the color of the room.
Blinds, shutters, and roller blinds are the best options for the kitchen. Though fabrics in the kitchen are minimal, you can go with transparent or thick fabrics for the windows. The fabric colors can follow the color scheme of the wall or cabinets.
Blinds, Shutters, and Shades
The days of boring white blinds are long gone. Persons usually install shutters based on their superior functionality, but modern moisture-resistant materials and natural wood are transforming traditional designs. Blinds are also getting a bit more flair, with colors like light pink, peach, blue, and silver emerging. Eco-friendly blinds, bamboo and rattan structures as well as vertical blinds with photo printing are currently on-trend. Shade options also vary and include roller shades, cellular shades, and Roman shades.
Talius features both retractable screens and retractable shutters. Our products are all energy-efficient and provide superior sun protection for your windows and doors.
Choosing the Right Colors and Prints
Color schemes are often patterned after the main color swatches by Pantone annually. The following can inspire your color choices this year:
- Pantone ‘Ultimate Gray’
- Pantone ‘Illuminating’ (yellow)
- Glidden ‘Aqua Fiesta’ (blue)
- HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams ‘Passionate’ (red)
- Benjamin More ‘A Teal’
- Sherwin Williams ‘Urbane Bronze’ (black)
Floral and botanical prints can bring a natural feel to any room. Incorporating these soft greens and neutral colors into your home gives a touch of nature.
DIY Dip Dye Curtains
If you have been pondering on how to jazz up your plain white curtains, consider DIY Dip-Dye. Choose a color that complements your home’s color scheme and use the following to achieve an ombre effect with your curtains:
- White cotton curtains
- Procyon dye
- 1 ½ cup salt
- ⅓ cup soda ash
- Large plastic tub
- Mixing bowl and spoon
- Rubber gloves
Here is a step-by-step tutorial
The full decorative moment for your window treatments would be incomplete without on trend curtain rods. Whether you prefer minimalism or fashionable, here are some options for you:
- Brass, bronze, copper, and matte black metal rods
- curtain rods with acrylic inserts
- Rods with wooden elements
- Neoclassical design rods with laconic ends.